Sunday, February 28, 2010

Can't Really Complain

Someone who I haven't talked to years randomly messaged me today and asked, "how's it going?" I replied with an, albeit quizzical, "It's going good. Can't really complain."

I got to thinking after that random conversation: While I have the tendency to complain A LOT, I'm actually pretty lucky. I have an eccentric, caring, funny family. Amazing friends who are for me. A job that pays the bills and some fun in between. A place of my own that I've worked really hard to make it mine. I'm healthy and working hard to stay that way (except for weekends, when it's a real slippery slope). It's easy for me to feel down and sorry for myself, but in the grand scheme of things, I really can't complain.

I'm coming off a good weekend. My family came to visit, which was a lot of fun. I wanted to get a hold of Ty and I resisted, which I was never really able to before. My friends Michele and Liz came over and spent time with my family and me. Annnnnd I booked my flight to Florida for spring break.

February is over and onto the long month of March. I'll need this attitude to help me get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment