Friday, April 16, 2010

Something

"Be not simply good, be good for something" -Henry David Thoreau


"How can I be useful, of what service can I be? There is something inside me, what can it be?" -Vincent Van Gogh

I came across these quotes recently and they left me wondering, feeling somethat perplexed:

"Something" is so vague, intangible, undetermined.Something can mean anything.  What's my "something?"

People search for this "something" all their lives. Purpose, passion, acceptance, release.

So, what am I searching for? I've realized these past three months that even though I'm not sure what my "something" is, I want it, I need it! I want to know that my life is headed somewhere, but more importantly, that I'm serving some sort of purpose.

I want to be good. Good for what I stand up for, good for those I love. Good enough.

It's almost like this "something" is in my peripheral vision. I can see the blurry edges, but no defined shape.

It's just a matter of turning my head and looking in the right direction...

No comments:

Post a Comment