Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/18/10

It's 4/18/10, another arbitrary date. Three months ago I started this blog to seek clarity in my otherwise hazy life.

Mission accomplished? While there are some aspects in my life that have remained hazy, some aspects have become more clear and perceptible.

 I  figured things (i.e. love, job, me) out about myself, but I realized that there are just some aspects of life that will remain a mystery. Sometimes it's best to let them be revealed and resolved on their own rather than hunt them down and rip them open. 

With respects to my work, a valued colleague recently said, "I have a job, when I want a career." That simply stated thought spoke volumes to me. That's what I've been searching for. A career that has meaning, order, goals. Not a job to barely pay my bills. But I learned to be thankful for what I have. I can turn my job into a career, but it has to be me that does so. I can't wait for someone else to do it.

With regards to Ty. Well, he's a complicated person who complicates my life. But I know now that whatever role he plays, it's not the love of my life. That role is still to be determined and casted...

About those "big life decisions:" Those will come when they're ready, and whether or not I'm ready. But I'll be awaiting them, while my fingertips fluidly tap the keyboard, detailing it all on the blogosphere, with eyes wide open...

No comments:

Post a Comment